Monday, August 19, 2013

Bathroom Makeover

A few weeks before I found out I was expecting I decided to start a bathroom make over for the hall bathroom. Big mistake. Luckily I had some help from my dad and my hubby but it still took at least six months to get it finished. And my next door neighbor painted the 2nd blue coat for me.  I didn't take any before pictures but it was a dark brown paint with sand added to it. Impossible to clean and a little to dark for my taste.

So far I really like it. Depending on the light it's "what a nice blue" or "whoa, that's blue" I fell in love with the shower curtain first and that's what lead to the color choices. Mostly blue and yellow with a touch of pink. The blue stripe on the shower curtain is what lead to the paint color I choose.

The little cubby shelf is actually a mini closet organizer from Target. My dad helped me put up some fake batten and board and I added hooks for towels to make it easier for the little ones to hang them up. We used one of the many tutorials on Pinterest to frame the mirror with some molding.  It's the brightest cheeriest room in the house right now!









No comments:

Post a Comment