Monday, April 27, 2009

Bunny Blocks


I made these bunny blocks for some friends for Easter. I bought some 1 and 1/2 by 4 and /12 inch blocks from the Wood Connection in Salt Lake. I don't have pictures of the steps but this is what I did. I will post pictures of the steps later.

Supplies:

1 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch wood block
Scrapbook Paper for background 4 /18 x 4 1/8
Scrapbook paper for silhouette shape 3 3/4 x 3/4
1" Acorn dowel caps (I got mine from Hobby Lobby)
Paint
Sponge Brushes
Modge Podge
Ribbon
Sandpaper
E600 Glue

Instructions:

Paint your block your desired background color. I did mine brown and white. I roughed up the edges of the wood and the paper with some sandpaper. Modge Podge the background scrapbook paper to the block and let dry. (I usually let it rest face down for a while before I put Modge Podge over the top of the papers.) Modge Podge your shape to the block and then cover the entire surface with Modge Podge. I cut out a shape on my Cricut approximately 3 to 3 1/2 inches in size. Paint your dowel cap and glue to the top. I used E600 glue. Tie a ribbon around the cap and you are ready to display.

I did this at a crafty party at my house and everyone enjoyed it. A lot of them did flowers or butterflies for spring. You could really do this craft for just about any season or holiday. It would also be cute with a monogram. This would be an easy Super Saturday activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment